Pictures From My Heart: Emma Talbot


London artist Emma Talbot is currently exhibiting at Transition Gallery but her pieces are also available in a publication here. The show features a selection of heartbreakingly honest drawings made following the death of her husband Paul to better understand her own process of emotion and work.

"When Paul died, I realised there were some things I will never know, because when I lost him, I lost all of his thoughts and memories as well. That’s really what made me start to think about this. What we are is in our heads. What we know about the world, we carry around with us, and what we think is based on these notions or memories. And everything we do is driven by our way of thinking. The drawings are not all melancholic, though, there's a lot about love, personal memories, experience and thoughts." –Emma Talbot (photo by Damian Griffiths)

Reply