lemons and integrity...

There will always be disappointment. Woke up this morning to the reality that an opportunity I had been hoping for turned out to be a hair worse than amateur hour, cue the circus music and lights. Sorry to be cryptic but it doesn't serve anyone to point out specifics. I understand the atavistic comfort of familiarity as opposed to provocation. However, I am looking at this circumstance from another perspective because I'm at least grateful that it's given me a new outlook on what is important to me from a visual and content consideration standpoint. I find myself so often compromising aesthetics in the commercial world, and I never ever ever want to do that here. I don't think I could have channeled my personality into someone else's tacky framework.

I am making a promise to continue to be the best acerbic, quality-minded, thoughtful designer, writer and curator I can be. I will continue to write about sex, politics, and art without fear from the perspective that can only be my own unique one as long as people find it truthful and interesting!

To other like-minded female artists out there...please continue to follow and submit to FP, it really means so much to us here! Thank you...

Reply