This might be the best question I've ever heard re. abortion:

How to Stump Anti-Abortion activists with One Question

Full post on unreasonablefaith.com here.

6 Responses Subscribe to comments


  1. Tansy

    This has ALWAYS been my question and why I am so incensed by the abortion debate! Should we jail women who need abortions, fine them, punish them?
    If it's "between her and God" then leave it that way and stop pimping out these horrific photos of aborted fetuses! I love when Barack Obama made it clear in the presidential debates that no one WANTS an abortion, but that is a difficult, private choice many women and families must face.

    January 23, 2009 at 12:14 PM


  2. Smith Family

    The question shouldn't be how to punish the women but how to punish the doctors who would perform illegal abortions. Having to live with herself afterwards, would be punishment enough for the woman.

    January 24, 2009 at 5:46 PM


  3. Tansy

    No doctor should ever be punished in any way for performing an abortion on any woman, of any age, who wants one.

    January 26, 2009 at 3:59 PM


  4. robbergirl

    That makes no sense...why don't we punish the gun suppliers then for murder while we let murderers just contemplate what they've done. Really in the end it always perplexes the pro-lifer's argument. It's not "murder." And furthermore, that is only one viewpoint that the woman "lives with her guilt." How presumptuous!

    January 27, 2009 at 12:48 PM


  5. Tansy

    Thank you! The tone of judgement needs to be checked in all people who use their faith to discriminate against and alienate those whose beliefs are different from theirs.

    January 28, 2009 at 3:57 PM


  6. Smith Family

    There is no "tone" in my comment at all - certainly not one of judgement. What's funny is that Tansy critisizes my feelings on abortion and the after-effects on the mother with an arguement that we should embrace our differences rather than discriminate or alienate. Also she assumes that my beliefs come from religious faith which is also not the case...no where in my comment did I mention my faith. I was merely pointing out that IF abortion were illegal, it is my feeling that it would be the doctors, the professionals, who would be breaking the law, not the mothers.

    January 30, 2009 at 3:45 AM

Reply