The Last Mistress.


It's been 40 degrees cold here at night and all I want to do is huddle in blankets and watch movies. Last night I watched the ravishing "The Last Mistress," which blew my mind. I felt the same about this film as I did about "There Will Be Blood..." the costumes were extraordinary and made me want to sink into every luscious erotic frame but even more so, the acting, particularly Asia Argento, the economy of word, the sex, the characters made me wish I could watch them the rest of their lives... like a good book you want to savor forever. It's not your typical period piece. And wait until you see the pillow lips of Fu'ad Ait Aattou (yes that is his name) crack a rogue smile for the first time...it's like a Botticelli dream spun into the naughtiest libertine. All this makes me continually ask...and why aren't there more women directors?

2 Responses Subscribe to comments


  1. Bron

    http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/FuadAitAattou/
    Wallow some more !

    December 19, 2008 at 4:29 AM


  2. robbergirl

    I love it!

    December 19, 2008 at 4:27 PM

Reply